As we are close to ending the second month of 2020, is the new year going as you expected? Do you feel you are showing the best version of you? Well research tells us that most people will have fizzled out on their New Year’s resolutions by mid-February, but you don’t have to be one. The good news is there is still plenty of time to work on the “New You”.
If you are one of the nearly 650 million in the world affected by acne then you might also be dealing with acne scars. Acne doesn’t just leave scars on the outside; it can leave people feeling embarrassed, self-conscious and with feelings of low self-esteem. Well now is the time to act! Now you can safely and effectively treat facial acne scars in as few as three treatments spaced 30 days apart with microneedling.
Microneedling devices cause controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process. As the skin begins to heal, it goes through a three-phase wound repair process:
- Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers the immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix.
- Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is the first microneedling device in the world cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up.
SkinPen® is a medical grade device with adjustable lengths and disposable straight needles to penetrate at a 90-degree angle. This adjustability allows for differences in skin thickness and skin types. The actual procedure typically takes 30 – 45 minutes (without a PRP blood draw) depending on the size and number of areas treated and the severity of damage on the skin. Due to their non-invasive nature, microneedling sessions usually require little downtime. Other benefits of SkinPen include:
- Works for all skin types– dark to fair.
- Clinically shown to reduce the appearance of facial acne scars.
- Procedures take about 30 minutes, and results are typically seen in as few as three treatments.
- Microneedling procedures tend to cost less than alternatives. The cost varies depending on the size and number of treatment areas.
Feel So Good. Look So Good! To learn more about microneedling and find out if you might be a good candidate, contact our office today at (210) 222-2694 to schedule a consultation.0